One of the main things that might be stopping you from getting new windows in your home could be the cost of this major project. New windows are not cheap; however, they do offer several key benefits. If you really want new windows from a place like Ken Caryl Glass Inc., but do not think you can afford them, you may want to find out the different ways you could pay for the windows and the benefits they will offer to you.
Ways To Afford New Windows
To replace the windows on an average one-story home, it will cost between $3,000 to $10,000, depending on how many windows you have, and on the type of windows you choose. If you don't have this kind of money lying around your house, you could consider one of the following ways to pay for this project:
- Company financing – There are some window companies that offer financing to those who qualify. With this financing, you might be able to spread the entire cost of the project over the next two to five years, which might be an affordable option for you.
- Home equity loan – Another option is to borrow money from the equity in your home in the form of a home equity loan. Lenders offer loans on the equity in homes up to a certain amount, which is normally 80%. This means that you can borrow up to 80% of the value of your house. If you owe 80% of the value of your house, you will probably not qualify for a home equity loan.
- Credit card – If you have a credit card with a low interest rate on it, you might want to consider paying for the job on credit. While this might not be the best solution, it is a good option if the other two methods will not work for you. For example, if you do not have good credit, you might not qualify for company financing, and you would not qualify for a home equity loan if you do not have any equity in your home.
If your windows are old, worn-out, and leaky, it might be highly beneficial for you to find a way to afford them, because they offer several key benefits.
Benefits of New Windows
There are three main benefits of getting new windows in a home:
- Looks – Brand new windows look great, and they can help an older-looking home look more modern.
- Value – The value of your home is also likely to go up after you replace your windows. If you are thinking about selling your house, potential buyers will look favorably on the fact that the house has new windows. This will be one less thing for the buyer of the house to worry about. According to House Logic, you may be able to recoup approximately 72.9% of the costs of the windows when you sell your house (based on using vinyl replacement windows).
- Energy Efficiency – The third key benefit of getting new windows is that they will make your home more energy efficient. According to Energy Star, you could save up to $465 a year on energy costs by replacing single pane windows with windows that are Energy Star qualified. Old windows are one of the primarily causes of heat loss in homes. Replacing them will reduce this amount, which will help you save money.
New windows are also generally easier to clean and maintain, and they may open and shut a lot easier than your old windows did.
If you would like to get a quote for replacement windows, call a company that offers window replacements. They may be able to help you understand more benefits of new windows, and they might be able to give you some options relating to how you will pay for the project.